1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight Height And Aiming Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Snow Boss, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Snow Boss

Snow Boss Junior Member

I just got my new Boss 8' 6 straight blade installed and I'm not sure it's right ( I was the first install for a new dealer in my area ). When the plow is pulled all the way up it covers the plow headlights ( they shine right into the back of the plow and cut off light to the road ) I'm I suppost to carry the plow all the way up when traveling? Is there a way to check my height or adjust them up higher on the plow tower? All insight and suggestions would be appreciated. The plow is installed on a 2005 Ford F-350 PS Diesel, Crew Cab, Short Box with Snow Plow Prep Pkg.
    Thanks for your help,
    Snow Boss

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Just lower the plow a little.;)

You will notice the temp gauge will go up too if you obstruct the air flow into the radiator, if the plow is transported raised all of the way up.

3. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

Can't help you just bought a new boss my self. I was wondering if any one knows the correct way to adjust the headlights. One time there to low the next time i'm coon spoting. :help:

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Read the book. It tells you how to aim them correctly. You just need to loosen the the 2 bolts on the bottom of the lights to adjust them. I use my own adjusting preference. Just make sure you adjust them with the blade off the ground.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL

Adjust them with the blade on the ground.:waving:
    and have all of the weight (things) in the box you will have when your plowing.
    If you want them pointed at the ground when plowing.

Fallow RidehardNY"s advice if you want them for driving (travailing) to the lot or drive.

or some where in between... It comes down to personal preference.