1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight harness adapter

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bunick, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bunick

bunick Junior Member

I recently purchase a Western Pro plow with headlight harness it was on a 1995 Chevy. and I have a 1990 Chevy 3/4t. The headlight harness I got has three prong connectors where mine is three but a diff. shape. Are there adapters available? Where is a good web site to look and determine what I have and what I need? Thanks for any help.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Look at the headlight on the truck you have, there should be a headlight type embossed on it, i.e., 2B/2D, 1A/2A, 2E. Also look on the headlight harness, there should be a white tag with a number on it that start with 61---. Start with that and if i cant figure it out from that ill get you a link with the plug types.

3. bunick

bunick Junior Member

hd lights

I've been able to look at the harness and it does have a number that is W61437 and another that is F8275. Hopefully that is something. Now when you say look at my headlights do you mean the actually light it self or will it be on the harness? I will look at the pickup tonight when I get home. Thanks for your help.

4. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Look on the headlight itself.

5. bunick

bunick Junior Member

hdlight

one headlight says HB3 and the other HB4

6. Crash935

7. bunick

bunick Junior Member

harness

I see no tag on my pickup harness, The plug on the harness that plugs into my headlights, I think looks most like the one that says HB-3/ HB-4. Not the one that says (Lowside Drive System) I hope I'm not confusing you. Looks kind of confusing to me. Thanks.

8. Crash935

Confusing me slightly, i know what the plug on the truck looks like. What does the plugs on the plow harness look like. I'm guessing it will look like the 2B/2D type?

If thats the case and the plow harness doesnt match the HB3/HB4 type plugs then you will need a new cross harness, part # 61716. If you dont have a western dealer close you can call a fisher dealer also, think the part # is 8267. Make sure that you tell them that it is for a relay harness for your year, make, and headlights.

9. bunick

bunick Junior Member

Sorry, Yea the plugs on the harness that I got with the plow look like 2b/2d, I replied earlier with the number on that harness as W61437, does that mean anything. Anyway it does like the 2b/2d. I might just hook it up enough for the plow to work and watch for a used harness before next yr. Thanks for all your help.