1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight for snowblower

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

I found a nice used MTD yard machine blower this week end. it is a 2 stage self propelled 3 years old 24 inch clearing 12" auger for $250. looks brand new. it does not have a headlight or alternator. I have a off road light that i can mount to the handlebars but i need ideas on how to power it, make a battery box and wire it up so it is safe. my light has a red and black wire it want to say it is like 50 watts? can i just run the red and black from light to like a small tractor battery? or should i get a recharge able spotlight and mount that up. any input will be appreciated.
  2. CruZer

CruZer Junior Member

Snowblower headlight

My son had the same issue with his Ariens and rather than try to hook one up last winter we bought him a light that goes on his hat. He loves it because it shines wherever he turns his head.
  3. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Very good thought, did not think of that one.