1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight electrical connectors ...

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by ghlkal, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Hi, I’m new to Sno-way plows. I have a new 26 series on my Silverado. My “problem” is the headlight connectors fit *very* tightly. So tightly it takes me 10 minutes to wiggle them apart. I’d really like to remove my plow from the truck at times, but it takes me so long to unplug the lights that I’m getting a little frustrated :mad:. I realize there should be a tight seal there, but I don’t have a problem with the main power connector. So, am I just too weak, is there a trick, or …

TIA,

Gary

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

1. Is the red locking tab in the unlocked position
    2. Are you pushing on the little spring tab when attempting to pull the two halves apart?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Also a little di electric grease will act as a lubricant, be careful too much will create a seal and the suction will make it difficult to separate them.

4. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

1 - yes
    2 - oh oh ... :confused: where's the tab? (I guess I'd better dig out the manual)

Thanks

5. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

I was thinking the same thing. I did add a little dielectric grease the last time. But first, I'd better find that spring tab. :eek:

Thanks

6. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

got it!

Thanks for not making me feel like an idiot :eek:

Once you press the spring tab, it works a lot better ...

Here's a pic for anyone else that might have missed this
    [​IMG]

Although the manual doesn't mention this, I guess it should be obvious. I assumed that the locking tab was the only thing to worry about.

ghl

7. schuitb

schuitb Member

Those exposed wires

Hi, I'm curious if anyone has had the wires between the connector and harness ever break.. I personally thought that ice coming over the plow will cut or break some of the wires.. especially the wires for the controller..

thanks..