1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight bulbs in 2000 superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Timbercrk1, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Whats a good bright bulb to replace what I have now. Recommendations??? Looking for something bright and reasonably priced. Thanks

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

run the stock bulbs or you can step up tp the euro style headlights alittle clearer and nicer over the style used on 99 -pre01. ive never been a fan of those high priced bulbs they seem to me not worth the money in those old style lens .

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

You need to do a couple of things to improve your headlights. 1st off the bulbs are not your biggest problem. You need to replace the light assemblys with the 03 ones like these. The fluted lense on your truck now has the worst light reflecting ability. Doing this is a major improvement. 2nd is to add a headlight harness. Dfuser
    has a very good quality harness for this. Part # CIS/WIR-9007 H/L.
    Doing these 2 things will make the most improvement. If you want to add brighter bulbs you need to at least do the harness as you will melt the factory headlight plugs without it.

4. beastlyf250

beastlyf250 Junior Member
    from P.A.

i have hella 9007 in my headlights and they are extreamly bright. they are more of a whiter light then yellow. I also have them in my fog lights and im impressed with them. cars are almost always pulling over too let me pass cause there too dam bright

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I put the blue Sylvania bulbs in my Wifes Windstar last week. With one old one and one new one in you can see the difference big time. Shining on the back of my white car it was obvious. Advance Auto Parts had the two packs for like $20.