1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight and plowlight issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by hayisforhorses, Jan 4, 2014.

1. hayisforhorses

hayisforhorses Junior Member
    from canada

new plow installed a week ago and it has been flawless except last night..... went
    out to plow light snowfall and started truck up and no plowlights and one headlight out on driverside passenger headlight was on fo the truck? it was -22 def F with the windchill so i only checked the harness plug and it seemed ok? gonna have another look today if it is warmer, any ideas where to start?

2. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Did you install it or did a dealer? If a dealer did have them check it out

3. hayisforhorses

from canada

dealer but they are 3 hours away

4. hayisforhorses

from canada

dropped plow(for the first time) and removed the grill, that's right remove grill to change a headlight (as per owners manual ford superduty 2012). Replaced light and then hooked back up to plow for the first time went incredibly smooth and then the plow lights worked. yes I tried the connector before all this to make sure plow lights were workingand no luck. Very suprised light out on the truck would cause plow lights to not work?

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The trucks (in addition to being hard to work on) have gotten too smart for their own good. The truck saw that the headlight was out and disabled the circuit. That's why the plow light wasn't working.

If the truck cut off the ground circuit, that would disable the SnowDogg relay module - explaining the NO lights on the plow. I've never heard that one before - but with how touchy the computers have gotten, it wouldn't surprise me.

6. hayisforhorses

from canada

I appreciate both the support the tech line and the installer dealership mishaud trailer were in helping in troubleshoot my issue thanks Scott and your counterparts on the tech line and mischauds are a class act