1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

headlight alignment new pro plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by speedydog5, Oct 20, 2009.

1. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I had a new ultramount pro plus installed on my 2003 GMC 2500hd Duramax and driving home and couldent see sh%& my headlight beams are hitting plow, like the blade comes up to high i don,t see any adjustment on the headlight bracket, i called shop who installed and said do something with the chains go up or down is that the proper way i know i can always just lower plow but i shouldent have to anyone else have same issue???

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

On the bottom of the lights, there will be two bolts. Loosen them, adjust, then tighten.

3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

There are 2 screws under the lights that you need to loosen to adjust the head lights. The chain and how high the plow comes up, drop the plow and hold the down button for about 3 seconds. get out of the truck and push the hydraulic ram down. Unhook the chain and give it some more slack.

4. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

its the hight that is the problem,(either the light is to low or the blade comes up to high)like i said my blade comes up all the way and it blocks them partially if i loosen the mounting bolts all that will do is move side to side etc.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Then just lower the blade a little, dont have to carry it all the way up.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

When you loosen the mounting bolts you can also pivot the lights up and down as well as side to side.