1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlight adaptors

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snerd3rd, Apr 8, 2010.

1. snerd3rd

snerd3rd Junior Member

I just removed my ultramount pro plow from my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, and want to put it on my 2010 GMC Sierra 1500. I have a 4 port isolation module and a 3 plug setup. I need to know if I can use my old harnesses that were h13 with an adapter for the GM dual headlight set up? I think that the module and solenoid and all other controls will work? Thanks for any help, as this is my first Gm truck.

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I'd say yes. if not maybe you'd have to get a totally different headlamp harness but Western doesn't seem to be into making unique harnesses so there's probably some adapter involved even if you DO need a new one. For example, My truck, which is just like yours, needed like a ford harness and an adapter for the headlamps, even though GM provided a very nice 8 pin plug just for this type of thing. Western doesn't seem to think it is worth making a harness to plug right into that, even though it's probably in about 50% of new trucks that get plows.
    this harness WOULD allow you to plug right in and not need to splice into your parking and turn signals, which you still have to do.
    I actually found these 8 pin connectors online and am considering making my own headlamp harness... but we'll see if I ever get around to that!

-Jer

3. snerd3rd

snerd3rd Junior Member

Plow stuff still

So My first new Gmc, it's a 1500 with snowplow prep. I removed my western ultramount pro from my Dodge Ram. I have a 4 port isolation module and need wiring help as I know I can't use the 2 headlight harnesses from the dodge. I also have a brand new 3 port module #29070-1 and headlight harness #29400-1. My plow has a 3 wire connection setup on it. So where do I go from here? Thanks.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a 29400 kit (HB3/H11) and a 29070-1 Iso that's all you need for the GMC. Install and go.

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Snerd if u haven't bought the 3 port headlight cables I have a BRAND new set along with the plow light cable that all came in the same light kit.If ur interested in getting a good deal.If so post some contact info.Because ur new here the system wont let me PM u