1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlamp wiring (Harness #29048)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MUDMPR, Oct 27, 2008.

MUDMPR Junior Member

I am wiring a 2002 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4 with a 29048 3-port isolation module harness. I am having difficulty with the headlight plugs. I cannot clarify the correct orientation of the A/B positions of the plugs from the descriptions in the manual. Is it correct to align the plugs where the hot side of the plugs be aligned with the wire designated either "high" or "low" and the "com" side with that of the ground wire?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, your commons will be your yellow (low beam) and the purples (hi beam). The '99-'02 GM's are rather unique (along with some same year Dodges) in that they trigger the lights with the common side rather than the hot side.

MUDMPR Junior Member

I need clarification on what I hope is the completion of this wiring project.
    For the park and turn signal lights that must be spliced into the existing wires:
    Park: Splice to the Blue or Black wire?
    Turn signal: Splice into the Blue, Black, or Brown wire?
    Thank you.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The truck color codes are:

Dk blue - R turn
    Lt blue - L turn
    Brown - park

Be careful you get the correct Dk blue wire on the passenger side as the DRL wiring is also Dk blue. Best thing to do is tap into it as close to the right turn light housing as possible, eliminates any mis-connections that way.