1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlamp harness on '11 GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLM-1, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Having trouble getting the headlamp harness to work correctly on '11 GMC. Which side do the connectors need to be flipped? I've got the low beams on B and the highbeams on A at the moment. I really don't want to take the air cleaner and battery out again if these need to be changed. This is on a Fisher 29400-2.

Also, what color is the wire for the turn lamps and DRL's? I can't find any schematics for these '11 trucks.

My '04s headlamps were MUCH easier than these...at least you could take the entire thing out instead of working in a tiny hole with SHORT wires.

Thanks guys!

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

To clarify:

Low beams: i have common on harness to the orange wire on the actual headlamp

High beams: i have the common to the harness to the yellow wire on the actual headlamp

Turn signals...i have no idea. Can't even figure out how to get the bulb out, the headlight HAS to come out some how. The manual says to remove air cleaner and do it from behind but there is no way to get the turn bulb out. Look at the harness though it runs over to the side indicator and there are 2 white wires and 1 green. My bet is on the green but don't want to splice and find out later.