1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headlamp bulb replacement. Help!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by coyote, Jan 6, 2011.

1. coyote

coyote Member
    from montana

How the heck do you replace headlamp bulb on boss v blade without breaking the lense?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What style lights do you have?

The Smarlights have 4 torque screws that need to come out then the bezel comes off them the light comes out and you are able to remove the bulbs.

I am pretty sure the newest style are the same way.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

yes the smartlight 2's have 4 screws in the front as well

4. coyote

coyote Member
    from montana

Thats what i thought but never had them apart before and leads are way short..this might get ugly.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Take a look on the back side of the headlight then look underneath it. That might be the way for the newest style lights. I know with my style i have to take the front of the light out and there is plenty of wiring.

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

there is enough wiring just gotta manuever everything right to get the harness to pull thru unless you got it tied down to the pump frame fairly tight

7. coyote

coyote Member
    from montana

lites

Thanks for all the help...would have done it today except for pooring rain in my big sky garage....gotta pull lamp off the bar ...it will be ok..and if it snows tonight...its all cool..cops dont pull over a snowplow at 400 am.