1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heading south in an hr or so to get rust free truck. what dealer ships

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jasburrito, Jan 15, 2016.

1. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Truck got totalled Monday. Heading south with family to find rust free truck tonight. Mostly looking for 2001 to 2006 Chevy gmc crew 4x4. I was thinking some place in Kentucky? Is there a place called kuns or something in Ohio that gets rust free trucks. Gonna pack now. Looking for info about dealerships that specialize in truck. Names,address and States. Leaving grand rapids mi. Hughes thanks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Wife 3 kids and the dog. Road trip. Plow site rules.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Look up a zip code down south. Cars.com, put in the zip and start searching. Lots of web sites to choose from
    Good luck.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Ya, whatever. Good luck to you finding a truck on a whim. A person like you would be better off keeping your money in your pocket and going to work for someone else.

4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Thanks for the advice. I called dozens of car dealerships down south. I found very little. Prices are super high for older nice trucks they do have. So for now I am just gonna keep looking in mi. Looking for quad cab 4x4 1500 Chevy GMC 2001 2006 . Seems all I can find is newer ones. All the dealers wanna sell 20000 trucks. I am just looking to cart kids around and do landscaping around house. I am not in the snow business. I have 98 totally rusted dodge. It leave a trail of rust. And a king quad for my driveway. I love plowing snow around the house. Plow site rules.

2859-MMS-1451777172122-attachment1-IMG952016010295140436234.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I would you let your kids do that with out a helmet

6. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Go to Google, ask for craigslist national search. Punch in what you are looking for-will give you a good idea on price and availability. Dealers don't carry much 5 yrs or older. Can't get the mark up they want. Most don't even keep trades 5 yrs or older.

8. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Pretty sure GM doesn't make a quad cab :laughing:

9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

be aware of flood trucks...going to be a lot of them showing up...finding down south a lot of scams on craigslist...Mississippi had the best deals in oct

10. Casper1

Casper1 Member

I buy trucks down south every couple of years. I am a fan of the Dallas Ft Worth area. Lots of people use them as grocery getters so they're not worked too hard. Also, the climate is much dryer than some of the regions along the Gulf. Salt air is just as hard, if not harder on vehicles than road salt.

If you don't mind white, I'd bet there are a ton of oil industry trucks sitting on lots.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  11. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

What did you end up getting?

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Texas, AZ, NM and SoCal are good places to look.

13. JAJA

JAJA Member

AZ lots of sand and small rocks blowing around