1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Header help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ottneys250, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Ottneys250

Ottneys250 Junior Member

Hey guys I have an 88 302. Its a wrok truck/mostly plow truck I was looking for a little more kick. I found flow techs for 140...and I found some hedmans for 320 coated...I here the flow tech paint Rust really easy thats really why Im leaning more towards the hedmans...Im not trying to add any more rust then what I have..

Pros Cons whats you guys think...I really dont wana go over 320 its just a work truck, but at the same time I dont wana skimp it Thanks alot!!

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You talking full exhaust or headers? I have a cat back on my 99 - 5.4 Gibson that sounds great. You may want to keep the cat's because they may start emissions testing in your area. Summitracing.com has a bunch of stuff for trucks.

3. Ottneys250

Ottneys250 Junior Member

Thanks we dont have emissions. Also I dont have a cat I have a Canidian 250 and for some reason cats didnt come on them. Im not to worried how it sounds More just lookin to help give the plow a push you know...Im just a little confused if I get the hedmans are they going to be worth it. If I go with flowtech are they going to all rust out under my engine bay ,and you think one will be able to breath better then the other?

4. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

I put a set of flowtechs on my 88 F-250 about 8 years ago now,which my buddy now owns and they are still holding up.
    They were the direct manifold replacment header,but seem to be ok for the price.
    At least held up through all the snow/salt and mud they have seen.

5. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

yea i just ordered some flowtech shorty headers from summit. i like that they bolt in to the stock exhaust, came out to be $231 i cant wait to get them!