1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headache Racks/ Window Guards

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John O., Jul 2, 2005.

1. John O.

John O. Member

I want to buy a product like back rack or some type of headache rack system to mount a light bar and work lights what is a good brand or style to go with and what is the best for the money? (going on 97 F250, and will be used for plowing)
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

It seems everyone runs the Back Rack ( that is what I have for Winter work on my Dodge). I will say though if you do buy one make sure there is room to get to your back windows in heavy blowing snow. The Back Rack is a pain in the @ss to clean off. I cant imagine some of the racks that allow no access to the window to clean the snow from.
    Next new truck will definatly have rear window defroster.
  3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

i thought about spending 180 for a back rack last spring when they were "on sale" but i waited till the fall and built my own with $30 of steel and it works fine
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I can;t stand Back Racks- they look so....ugh. I almost bought a Stainless louvered headache rack (all SS) a couple of times now, but someone reminded me I still have to clean the snow off the rear window. After running last season with a cap and cleaning in between that and the rear window I think I'll pass.