1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Headache rack

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by berkshire, Aug 22, 2009.

1. berkshire

berkshire Junior Member

I am looking for a headache rack that will work with a tonneau cover. I have a tonneau cover on my 06 f 250 that covers the bed rail. I have seen some that work with recessed covers but am having a hard time finding one for my application. I like the back racks but am not sure if it will work. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas?? I carry 1000lbs of bagged sand in the back while plowing and dont want it to hurt me or my kids if something were to happen..

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I am looking for one too! I am using a trifecta cover

3. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Backrack brand headache rack makes a 1"spacer for that purpose that goes under the rack and provides enough space for a soft tonneau cover to work properly. When I out fitted my '08 superduty I had the same problem and all the backrack dealers said it couldn't be done so I called the company directly and backrack said it was a new product and I could order it directly from them it was like 50 bucks + shipping I think. It arrived fairly quick as well, they are located in canada. I have a regular backrack and a access roll up cover limited edition and it works well.

4. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

can you submit pic's?????

5. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Sure can

Copy of IMG_1633.JPG

and...

Copy of IMG_1634.JPG

The spacer kit also includes the longer bolts to go through the spacer and bracket. If you have the time I don't imagine it would be that hard to fab something up yourself. I just wanted everything to match and look nice, i.e. powdercoating, and I didn't have the time to mess with it myself.

Copy of IMG_1633.JPG

Copy of IMG_1634.JPG

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  6. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

very nice! i will have to order one now.:drinkup::drinkup:

7. berkshire

berkshire Junior Member

Looks good thanks for all the pics and help. Unfortunately my tonneau cover extends all the way across my bed rails (right where the brackets will be) This is why I am having such a hard time finding a rack that will work. I guess I need to get a different tonneau cover or have someone custom make a rack for me.