1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Head lights no high beams.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skiworx, Feb 1, 2010.

1. skiworx

skiworx Junior Member

Hi everyone this is my first post here.. Great forum by the way! OK I also just recently purchased my first Western plow (we use all Meyers) Its a 7.6 Ultra pro.. Its on a 05 GMC 2500 its has the 4 port Iso. When we switch to high beams the plow lights go off and the truck lights come on.. I was going to replace the bulbs but I noticed they have an odd plug configuration.. Where is the best place to get these and could that be the problem?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did you purchase new or used?

Could be bulbs, wrong or bad iso mod, wrong or bad pin on lighting harness'.

3. skiworx

skiworx Junior Member

Everything used except the # 1 main Harness! Are these headlights standard sealed beams or they something specific to Western?

4. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i had the same problem. but mine was the bulbs.

With the plow on,all the headlights work, when the highs are turned on the headlights go out. but without the plow, the trucks lights work both ways.

i ended up switching to the h4 hid style lights for the brightness.

You can get the stock lights at any parts store.

5. skiworx

skiworx Junior Member

Believe it or not only one parts place around me carries it..

6. Crash935

So is it the bulbs?

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

sure it not the pin configuration for the lights?

Don't forget Gm switch they common wires around...

8. skiworx

skiworx Junior Member

Wasn't the lights.. Some kind of ground issue.. When you power up the lights, the left light all three pins on the bulb are hot!! If I ground the blue wire the lows work!! If I switch the cables around the other light works.. Not a clue!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  9. Crash935

What are the part #'s on the harness's coming out of ports 1 & 2. Should be on a white tag within the first foot of the plugs at the iso, large print # on the tag .

10. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the ground wire (black/orange) to make sure it is grounded

11. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

Mine is just the opposite. When i run the plow only my brights work. If I run on low none of my lights work. Bought the plow used but it came off the same make, model and year of truck as mine.