1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

head light problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Krumm, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

I have a EX80 on a 98 k2500, my problem is that i lost my low beams on the right side of my truck and plow. I've tore apart the front end and i can't seem to find anything wrong? Any help would be great, i don't need to be getting pulled over while I'm out trying to plow.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If it's truck AND plow, then check where the adapter plugs into the OEM truck harness. I suspect you won't have power there, but based on what you're saying, you've checked all the fuses? I don't know specifically where they are on that truck (under hood or under dash).

3. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

tracing the problem is turning out to be pretty difficult. the guys that wired it did a piss poor job. there is a big black box floating in my spare battery tray, are those relays or fuses for the lights?

4. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

head light that doesn't work has 10volts going to it and the one that DOES work has 12volts. I had a buddy helping me today who understands wiring better than i do and he was really confused by my situation.

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I assume these are the dual headlights (UF/LF). If the truck LB isn't illuminating, then you must have lost your ground on the truck side of the harness. 10V would be plenty to light the bulb (although the lost voltage may be one of the symptoms of your problem).

Check your grounds on the truck headlight plug (for the LB).

It's always harder if you didn't do the original install. The best thing to do first is to plug the truck harness back into the truck headlights (for troubleshooting). That will tell you very quickly if the problem is in the truck or the plow wiring.