1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Head light out!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Banksy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I finished all the wiring and the drivers side head light is out, but it will come on when you turn the high beams on. What the heck is wrong? I just came back from Advance Auto and replaced the bulb and it still does it.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I switched that one wire harness and now it kind of works. The iso module clicks and makes a buzzing noise and the light goes on and off every few seconds. The passenger side is fine. WTF?

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I tried a spare Iso Module and it did the same thing, but wouldn't light up the drivers headlight at all. The module in there now makes noise with the high beams on and sometimes clicks with the low beams on. Are these modules junk?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What wire?

4 port Iso correct?

How do you have the configuration plug set up..positive common or negative common?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I temporarily switched the drivers side headlight harness with another one that I had. Just rigged it up real quick.

Yes, 4 port Iso.

Not sure on the positive or negative common. How do I know? That's what Fishers trouble shooter section asked, but I have no clue.
    http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf Page 50 is left low beam out.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your lights are negative common, so thats what you want to set the configuration plug for.

You have the correct 26354 and 26349 head light plug in harness's as well I assume...

7. stillen

stillen Senior Member

yup, you have the pinouts incorrect on your harness..... I dont have mine here to lok , but when I go home i'll post the correct configuration

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

So the passenger side must be correct and the drivers side is the one that's off I guess. If you could do that Stillen, that would be great. Thanks very much guys.

I have the right harnesses and have two sets actually.

9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

no prob, as soon as i get home i'll look at my wiring harness. I had a very similar problem, i troubleshooted by swapping ports 3/4. the problem followed the wiring harness, so i knew soemthing was wrong with the way i configured it.... I should be home around 5pm tonight

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think I fixed it. I matched up the left side wires with the right side wires. The dark blue and yellow wires needed to trade places to match the right side plug and now the drivers light and all the truck lights work fine.

I'm glad you guys said plug configuration. Sometimes it's just the little things we overlook.

11. stillen

stillen Senior Member

sorrry looks like im a few hours late ....i was going to suggest swapping the j/a wires......

just for refeence... the hb-5 connector is labled ABC, a = orange, b = blue , c = red. common ground config

on the iso connector pin a should be yellow , pin j should be blue