1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Head light on a s-10

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by S-10 Plower, Feb 4, 2004.

1. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

OK Here is my prob. drivers side headlight on my truck went out the other day, went to auto zone bought a new bulb and put it in plow was on the truck so i didn't think any thing of it cause truck lights were off well i DRL's so if the truck is in park the plow lights will be off and the truck lights will be on till i put it in gear, OK well with the truck in park the truck lights are on and the drivers side light is still out but passenger is working fine what could it be?

Any help would be great. Don't want to have to drive around all the time with the plow on just so I can have head lights.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Some vehicles have a fuse for each side. Check plow light relay.

3. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

make sure you have a good ground on that headlight and then if thats good make sure there is juice going to it that can be done with a normal 12v test light. if you still have a problem then i would look further into the drl`s.

4. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

OK well pulled it in the garage today tore it apart and i believe i have found the problem it is in the wiring for the plow lights the way it is hooked up there is the factory wiring then you have a splitter that fisher dealer installed, it has two leads coming off of it one goes to the isolated modular box the other goes to the bulb when i put the bulb in the factory plug it worked when I put the splitter back in place it didn't so am I to assume that the splitter is bad?

Thanks
    Mark