1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

head light issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Shoreline, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

My truck is 07 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins and plow is 8'2 Boss V. The trouble I'm having is that if I use my high beams and then switch to low beams, the low beams don't come back on and I'm left driving down the road in the dark. If I pull over and shut the truck off and fire it back up, I'll have low beams again. The wiring harness was new in January 2011. I took it off a 99 Super Duty and installed it on my Ram, bought the proper light adapter for the truck. Everything is installed as it would have been by the dealer. Have any of you had any similar problems or know what the issue is?
  2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Try calling the Boss tech line. I bet they have seen this before. The number is on their web site.
  3. GA73

GA73 Member

pull and clean all four relays that are grouped together
  4. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Very common issue ... give BOSS tech a shout and they'll help you out. I've been through these "headlight" issues on all 3 Dodge's I've owned ... all new (both truck and plows) and dealer installed ... updated adapters, etc. At least let BOSS know you're having the issue ... they can't work to solve a problem they don't know exists and the more they know about the better.
    There may be an update for your TIPM.