1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

head light issue

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dandavis, Dec 18, 2009.

1. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Have model 29 series snoway and one of the headlights are out on it. The marker light is on next to it. Should I go buy a new?

2. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

You should be able to buy a replacement lamp at any auto parts store.
    You don't need to buy the whole plow light unless there are other issues.
    Bring in the old one to match up.

3. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Thanks bro. I was gonna just tear the whole thing off and get a new one. I will try that and I bet that works. Thanks again!

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Yeah the bulb is easily replaceable.
    It is a high/low beam rectangular bulb.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

H6545 Bulb

6. JCE

JCE Member

If you'd like to see where you're going, trash both headlights and replace them with the Sylvania SilverStar H4666. It's a little more money, but it's a direct replacement for the H6545's and they are much brighter. I bought a 26 series this year and the first time I turned on the headlights, I drove straight to Pep Boys and replaced them with the SilverStars. I have SilverStar Ultra's in the headlights, and SilverStars in the driving lights too. With the 4-Sight system, I can see everything! Here's a pic in full sun ( I really need to do a video at night!).

[​IMG]