1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Head light issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Apr 27, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Headlight issue

Ok I hooked the harness for the headlights today. I got no low beam off port 3 of the ISO(26400) If I switch cables around it does it to other side. So cables are good I guess. I have High beams and yes the bulbs are good since I can move it back and forth. The only thing not hooked up on system right now is the red power cable that goes under dash. Not sure if thats an issue. But I will hook that up soon. Any thoughts on Low beam. This is with no plow attached. I swapped out the ISO and same issue on port 3. Also the cables came with truck and were installed previously on truck

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sounds like you have the harness configured for the wrong headlight style. If you checkout the Western website it will tell you how to configure the harness for either the HB1 or the HB5 bulb. This requires switching the blue and yellow wires on the headlight harness molded plugs and switching the wire on the configuration plug.

3. BigDave12768

But these cables were on truck before I bought it. The owner removed the plow but the harness wouldnt work on a new Dodge. So he gave me the original harness's And if I switch them up 3-4 the Passenger side stops working. So its off port 3.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sorry I am not really following you? The new dodge should have the H13 bulb,which is a different plug than the HB1 or HB5. How do you know it worked before? Are you saying that it was on the same truck before? How do you know if someone had messed with it?

5. BigDave12768

Ok we are talking about my 2002 Dodge 2500 its an old body. So I am not 100% sure which headlight I got. Well the guy I bought it off of seemed to be a very honest and stand up guy. But thats not to say that the people that took plow off for him didnt give him back the wrong harness by mistake. But they just snipped wires off the turn signals and all seemed to match up. So to bring you up to speed. I just installed wiring in truck over the past couple days. Only wire not hooked up yet is red one under dash. But I will do that first thing in morning.

Truck I bought
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=81001&highlight=Dodge+Ram

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Is the Iso mod. a white label? If those are the original harnesses where did you get the rest of the stuff from? Did you download any directions form the Western site? Headlight style should be on the front of the housing. If you PM Crash he would also help in the diagnose?

7. BigDave12768

Yes its a 26400 White label ISO. I had no directions at all. I just downloaded the mechanics guide and looked at the wiring Diagram. It looked fairly simple. And mostly plug and play. I plan on using the trouble shooting guide in the morning and see if any thing is wrong.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I think Western1 is right about the configuration but dont think you need to change the headlight harness'. Follow the harness in port 1 and you will find the configuration plug stubbed out of the harness just off the iso. Will have 3 wires, blue, blue/red and blue/white. With the headlights on low take a jumper wire or paper clip and jump from the center terminal to either side and see if that makes the headlight come on, If so you just have to switch the red wire around in the configuration plug.

9. BigDave12768

Thx will try that.

10. BigDave12768

Thx so much Crashed!!!! That was it. The wires I bought came off a Ford. So they must have been set for a Ford Headlight.

11. BigDave12768

Directions are for women. I like to eye ball things. Look at the pretty pictures and make it look like that. You should see my 3 leg table. Its lovely :jester:

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sorry I wasn't clear on where you were with the harness and what it was going on? Head is still foggy from sickness I hope!

13. BigDave12768

Thx Western. If I had a install instruction I would have seen I had to configur it for the other Headlights

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Somehow I knew this thread was coming Dave...you said it yourself:
    Thats what we refer to as the jinx factor. :D

Paperwork is golden when your working with a system your not familar with. :angel:

15. BigDave12768

LOl Yeah. It just clicked today when I hooked it up too. Blown solonoid and blinkers wouldnt work. Blown Fuse. But in the end it all worked. I posted truck with my Xblade on it up in equipment.

[​IMG]

16. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

At least its all working now, got all summer to sit and look at it and wait!

17. BigDave12768

Yeah I went to replace the Solonoid I used from my emergency kit also today. The fisher dealer is just down street. She asked me if I was expecting it to snow soon. Today was 93f in Boston we broke records. But if I didnt get a new one now I would forget about it. And then when I need it....:cry: