1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Head gear cost?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mulcahy mowing, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has a ballpark idea on the cost to buy the head gear for an 8' xblade (A frame,lights,pins). I'm looking to buy everything but the pump and the mold board.

any ideas on what it would cost?

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

are you thinking new or used?

3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Too fuggin much

4. mulcahy mowing

would like to go new (used i would have to buy the whole plow) I can get an 8' stainless mold board for cheap I figure it would be a good summer project to put it all together. im looking to add another truck next winter.

5. unhcp

you might be lucky and find one for 500 on craigslist but you are talking around 700.

6. unhcp

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

to bad a friend just bought a stainless x-blade from a guy in southboro for $2000 off craigslist

8. mulcahy mowing

I saw that one for $1900 your buddy called the guy seconds before me!

thanks for the input all!

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

He got it for $2000 because the guy included a joystick that plow is worth $2800 all day but the guy bought the truck and didn't want the plow!