1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cat320, Aug 10, 2001.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

GM in there wizdom redesigned there HD line up 15K lb and up.All every one wanted was to get the 4wd in the 15K truck and mayby get a little more gvw like the f550 and more power from the diesel.So they go to extrem measures and redesigne it but what an ugly looking truck not to mention that the thing that was most important comes last in a year or two.I thought that the 5500 series is good and if they added 4wd to it and made it from the 15k truck on up would be great .It would have a cat engine with the allison trany what better combo.I think that the new truck will be to boxy(very high) with little or no front hood that slopes to nothing.I can't find the picture that I had of it but if you do a search on the diesel page you should find it.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have to admit that the truck wont be to attractive, however it should be plenty powerfull enough, and has a turning radious of a geo tracker. That will help while plowing.
    The bruin show truck was really ugly, but the wrok type truck exteriors are a little nicer.