1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hd75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by rd07hd, Dec 8, 2009.

1. rd07hd

rd07hd Junior Member

Looking at purchasing a HD75 for a 02 Chevy 3/4 ton for residential only $3905 installed. Too much or do I need to drop down to MD series? I got about 300' of driveway.

2. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

If this is only for a single drive of 300', I think the MD would be just fine. Your truck could obviously handle the HD, but it might be overkill. I have an MD and I handle about 15 drives with it, the longest being a well over 400' paved drive that gets a lot of drifting. I got mine last year for around $3250 installed - I think.

Either way you go, I am sure you will like it. Good Luck.

3. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Yeah, but he's in Wisconsin. He may be doing a couple feet with that MD, and....I dunno?

I have an MD on my 1/2 ton, but some 1/2 tons can actually use an HD.

Be a sport and get the HD!

Andyman, I do drives and small lots with my MD as well. Where u located in NEOhio?

4. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Nelson, I work mainly in North Royalton, Hinckley and Medina. I am based in Medina. North Roylaton gets quite a bit of snow being in the secondary snow belt. It's like a sweet spot for snowfall - they always get hit hard. Medina not so much.

Any problems with the MD thus far. I had missing welds and a broken deflector, and also a broken wire. All under warranty and handled quickly.

Good Luck, if we ever get any snow.

5. rd07hd

rd07hd Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys I went with HD75. 14" of snow yesterday!