1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD75 Rant/Rave Scott Can you help?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BMAN1, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I have two storms under my belt now with the new plow. It has really impressed me with its ability to push, roll, and stack. It back drags better than any other full size I Have used. :) The mount is the easiest also, but on the down side its too low, I got it hung up at the end of a drive way (tires had no weight on them so I got stuck) It bottoms out at any incline, previous plows only did this if I got carried away and hit them too fast. I will have to lift the truck a little to compensate.
    So now the weird issue. I figure I have about 50 hours on this new rig and my controller has malfunctioned twice. My local dealer has been available both times and exchanged them for new ones under warranty. I am hoping to get some feedback on this issue from you guys or Scott M. Is anyone else burning up controllers on straight blades? My local dealer says that the only warranty he has dealt with is with controllers but he hasn't heard anything from Buyers about it.
    So I guess if I was rating my new plow I would say this. Take out the controller issue and raise the mount and its 5 out of 5. I wont deduct anything for the controller as I know **** happens sometimes. The mount thing is serious and I have read others complaints about it too.
    3.5 out of 5 The plow itself is the best I have ever used. The controller when working is great and very easy to navigate. The mount is quick and easy, but so low I cant believe it went to market.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why kind of truck do you run?

3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

1500 Suburban. With Timbrens and ballast. This is the fourth GM Half ton I have run with different combos (Fisher MM Western Unimount, Meyer ST) None of the others sat this low in front. They all dipped as GMs do, but no other Bracket is this low.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Has the dealer changed where the power is being drawn from for the controllers? By that, I mean they gave you a new controller, but did they look closely at your ground and power for the controller? I've never seen that actually cause a problem, but if you go through more than one controller on the same truck, that sounds odd.

I was talking to a dealer about a guy going through controllers, for all I know it may have been you. Has your dealer sent any of them back?

As far as ground clearance goes, it can be a bigger issue on 1500's (especially 2000 era). It's a legitimate criticism.

5. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Thanks Scott, Paul said he had left you a message (from Townline here in Rochester, NY) He said he had two guys (now three including me) that are having repeat controller issues. Dont get me wrong, this is one kick ass plow, just never had the clearance issue before with 1500 series and other mounts. I will adapt and overcome as they say. I think my best impression of all is how well it stacks. With all three other brands I have used I really had to get a run at a pile for snow to "climb" the hill. This plow just rolls up the hill no matter what speed I am going and stacks it high. Very impressive at moving snow.

6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Be careful with hitting the mount on driveways. I run a 09 2500HD and the crossbar on the driver side got bent up due to hitting driveways (not one time just over time doing it). It loosened the bolts and while stacking I got 2 dents in my hood from the light towers. Needless to say I wasn't too happy. Buyers said their was not a defect in the product (really there wasn't if you don't count real world conditions with driveways etc). They hang low so be carefull.

7. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Thanks for the advice, I will be lifting the truck a couple inches to make up for the poorly designed frame. Its a good excuse to put some bigger tires to fill the wheel wells up!

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But resloving it could mean then you will have to do a slice and dice on the truck fashia

9. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

That doesnt bother me at all Basher.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the price of replacing the front fashia if you want to re-sell the truck with-out the plow and see if that changes your mind.

11. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Many Thanks to Paul and the guys at Townline Equipment in Rochester. They have been working on this controller issue and hopefully with some re-wiring its fixed. Love this plow more than any I have used so hopefully this nagging issue goes away now. While I was there I had to add a new set of wings to the plow!! What a time saver the wings are. I wish I had gotten them when I bought the plow. Thanks also to S Moorman for your help as well. Basher, still don't care about the fascia, its a work vehicle and it will die in my driveway someday.