1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD75 Problem

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by SkyhawkSteve, Dec 24, 2010.

1. SkyhawkSteve

SkyhawkSteve Junior Member

Help I have a HD75 and the thing wont go down, works every other direction just not down any suggetsions. I'm sure i am missing something just not sure what it is

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I had the same problem. Mice got into the enclosure over the motor and chewed up a bunch of wires that shorted out .

3. npi9181

npi9181 Member

pull the plastic cover off the motor check the wires on the very front coil just had one I knocked off the one wire when putting the cover back on also check all connectors inside and out seen all sorts of loose connectors Watch toes when checking connections

4. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

My controller stopped working for the "up" switch. Always went down though. Try letting out the down adjustment screw, maybe it got something in there.

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Put a 12 volt source to the coil that controls the down function. You can find its location on the map on the motor housing. If it does not go down it would be hydro issues. You can loosen the hose going to the lift cyl to make it go down. Also you can take out the cartdrige valve and see is it is gunked up.

6. SkyhawkSteve

SkyhawkSteve Junior Member

Thanks for all the suggestions turned out to be a bad harness on the plow, was replaced under warrenty. Happy New Year:waving:Thumbs Up