1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hd75 light problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 04trd, Nov 17, 2013.

1. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Hey plow site. I have had my snowdogg hd75 for two years now and I just bought a new gmc 2500 put the old dog on my new gmc. To make a long story short I went to adjust the lights today and the 3/4 inch nut that holds the light on the frame just spins. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust them. The stud just spins and there isn't any way to hold the top of it since it's right below the light. Seems like a silly design or am I missing something. I really don't want to buy new lights. Also the studs that hold the back of head lights on are rusted solid to the point that two just snapped. Again seems like a silly design could have thrown stainless steel in there.

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I just noticed the same thing on my VX. I used a screw driver to lightly pry between the light and stud. This was effective for me.

3. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

I'll have to try that one. But I might be wasting
    My time since the bolts that hold the light in are are pretty rusted to the point where I broke 1 and didn't wanna mess up any more