1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hd19 problem

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by 2011JD644K, Jan 5, 2011.

1. 2011JD644K

2011JD644K Junior Member
    from 12901

I have 3 new artic pushers a ld10 on a 2010 jd244j haven't had any problems with plow, a hd14 on a 2008 jd624j have only used about 8 hours no problems yet and a hd 19 on my new 2011 jd644k, i am the only operator of this loader and pusher, i have about 32 hours on this pusher and today while we were washing off the loader and pusher, i noticed that i have 4 of the 7 sections that have bends in the the sections on the front about where the springs are located for the trip edge, i know that we have a few manholes that stick up about 1/2" and that is the only thing that i have hit other than the frozen ground off the pavement, has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I am waitng for my local dealer to talk to the factory to see why they would bend like this. I did a lot of research on these pushers before i purchased them and know that you have to be carefull compared to the protech's that we are use to. My guys are all afraid to use the artic's now they switched back to the protech today after they saw my plow. Again i am the owner so one would think that i would be the last one to have a problem!!

2. 2011JD644K

2011JD644K Junior Member
    from 12901

2011JD644K;1184277]I have 3 new Arctic pushers a ld10 on a 2010 JD244j haven't had any problems with plow, a hd14 on a 2008 JD624j have only used about 8 hours no problems yet and a hd 19 on my new 2011 JD644k, i am the only operator of this loader and pusher, i have about 32 hours on this pusher and today while we were washing off the loader and pusher, i noticed that i have 4 of the 7 sections that have bends in the the sections on the front about where the springs are located for the trip edge, i know that we have a few manholes that stick up about 1/2" and that is the only thing that i have hit other than the frozen ground off the pavement, has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I am waiting for my local dealer to talk to the factory to see why they would bend like this. I did a lot of research on these pushers before i purchased them and know that you have to be care full compared to the protech's that we are use to. My guys are all afraid to use the Arctic's now they switched back to the protech today after they saw my plow. Again i am the owner so one would think that i would be the last one to have a problem!!

3. plowinli

plowinli Member

I am going to assume you were pushing real wet heavy snow and had it trip while pushing. I had this happen last year on one storm, the snow formed hard ice between the spring and mold board and bent out the moldboard. As the ice and snow gets jammed it there and it trips it forces more snow and ice in between the spring and moldboard. I took a 4x4 wood block, hit it with a sledge and bent it back into shape. I was told by the factory not have the box angled too far forward and caused it to trip excessively which will cause premature spring wear.
    I used a LD last year and loved it some much I purchased an other one for this year. We had two major storms last year one was 29". These are great boxes but there is a learning curve to using them.

4. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Go ahead and use the plow it won't affect the use and you aren't going to hurt it anymore. Contact your dealer and we will swap out those sections and see whats up with them. In fact use all your plows with out fear we stand behind our plow.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

got any pic's?

6. 2011JD644K

2011JD644K Junior Member
    from 12901

Thanks for the replies, i will continue to use it and have my guys use the other two. I am sure that we will figure this out, thanks Steve for the post. I really like using the pusher and am happy with the way they clean, i do know that it does take a lot of attention from the operator to use this pusher. We have 6 additional loaders with protech's that i would like to switch to Arctic's next year if everything works out this year. How many hours should a set of cutting edges last? I think that my edges are about 1/2 worn in 32 hours, i am sure that this is excessive wear due to me becoming familiar with the pusher.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Steve, where's the video....i keep busting on john about it...

8. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Hard to say a specific life for cutting edges, there are so many variables. Talking to our ops manager, he gets around 120 to 150 hours on a set of edges. He also said he had a new operator go through a set in less than 20. Set your plow down then lift the loader arms slightly so your slip hitch is floating. Do not run your loader in float the plow will do all the floating for you. Keep an eye out that your bucket doesn't bleed back on you and put excessive weight on the shoes and edges. I've been in contact with Chris at Taylor rental we will get you sections shipped out in the morning.

9. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

I just hired an outside firm to do our video. They met with our operations people yesterday to get scripting and specifics.

10. 2011JD644K

2011JD644K Junior Member
    from 12901

Thanks Steve, i am impressed with your quick response and thanks to Chris also for getting right on this he has always been excellent to work with. I try to make sure that the pusher floats on the slip hitch, but it is evident by the wear on the edges that i still need to improve on this. The shoes on my pusher don't show any wear compared to the edges shouldn't the shoes also wear as fast as the edges. Again thanks for the quick response it is good to know that there are still companies that stand behind their product.

11. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

The reason you see faster wear on the cutting edges is there's much less suface area to distribute the weight.