1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hd vs sd

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jjcap02703, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD Off Road Extended Cab model. I am looking into puttting a Fisher 7'6" plow onto it. I prefer the Fisher HD specifications, but am concerned about the added weight compared to the SD model. I want to do some commercial parking lot plowing. I presently have a 2000 Sierra 2500 series with an 8' fisher plow. I just do not need two trucks and prefer my 2004 model for year round use. Will the HD series work fine on my 2004?
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not interested in Fishers new Half-ton Plow?
  3. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

New Fisher Plow Model

Thanks for the reply. I just heard about it from a dealer after I posted the thread. The XT I think they called it. It does solve the weight issue. I am a contractor that needs it for job site and light commercial work, including some parking lots. How do you think the new model plow will do under these applications?
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like it should hold up. Plus it has the angle of the Xblade so it will cut well. But no one can really answer how it will hold up just yet. Ask in March of 2010 and you can get a answer
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

HT would be the proper plow for your application, with the added benefit of direct lift. it's an ha-modulation of the highly respected Blizzard lift system.
  6. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

Thanks to everyone for the info. I will probably go with the HT. I let you know next March how I made out. Again, Thanks!