1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD or Not?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DodgePlow, Nov 4, 2004.

1. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

Hey guys,

I got a '94 Dodge Ram 2500 V10. How do I tell if it is a 2500HD or a regular 2500? I want to order timbrens for the rear , but there are diiferent ones for a 2500HD and 2500.

Thanks

2. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I have a 95 cummins and so does my friend. my truck has a sticker under the hood up by the grill. mine says the front axle is a dana 60 and the rear is a dana 80. his truck has a dana 60 in the front and a dana 70 in the rear. i am not sure but i would say that mine is hd and his is light duty. they are both cummins 4x4 and i also noticed that his squats alot more than mine in the rear but has the same number of springs. go figure?

3. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

if its 4 wheel its HD . thats what i would go by

4. DodgePlow

DodgePlow Member

Thanks

Thanks guys

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If it is HD then it will say on the side of the truck
    2500HD

4wd does not make it a HD automatically.

6. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

This is a good question, made me look at mine

I have a 2000 Ram 2500 Sport.

The hood sticker says I have Dana 60's in the front and rear, but the rear has "HD" after it. I'm going to assume that means the real axle only is heavy duty. Another thing I noticed is that every once in a while I see a truck just like mine except that under the 4X4 decal on the tailgate there's another decal that I think says "OFF ROAD". I think these trucks are a special package but I don't know how much more beefy they are suspension wise.

All I can say for sure is that I have an 8 foot Boss and as long as I add tire pressure and about 600 pounds of ballast in the back of the bed, it seems just fine. I don't have Timbrens. That's my 2 cents.

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Dodge Dosen't put a HD Sticker on the side of the truck, only chevy and GMC dose

8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I aggree with all above... however on the newer ones and on most of the older ones...

Dodge actually say Heavy Duty

GMC and Chevy say HD

Ford uses Super Duty

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2000 Dadge 3500. It does not say Heavy Duty on the outside of the truck.

10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Maybe this is to simple but shouldn`t the GVW tell you if it`s an HD?

11. North Country

North Country Senior Member

Your Dodge is HD if it has the (2) extra leaf springs in the rear and the 3/4 tons have the upgraded 8800# GAW (1 ton) axles. - michael