1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hd EX

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Arloslawn, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I was wondering if the HD hook ups on the truck side would work with an ex/md or any other plows thanks.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The HD mount works with HD/EX/TE/VX/CM/XP
    The MD mount is unique to the MD

The only difference is the pushbar - so you could swap the pushbar only if you were trying to change to an MD.

3. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I am looking at an ex would the wiring hook up as well or just the bracket.

Thanks
    scott

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

On every truck and every plow, the truck side wiring is identical (with the exception of the little headlight adapters).

5. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Just so I have this straight, I can take my truck which is already wired for a snowdogg hd and hook it up to EX/TE/VX/CM/XP and any of these plows will work? I must need another controller if I get the v-plow correct? Absolutely no rewiring? Just want to make sure before I make a purchase

Thanks Scott

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The XP is a special controller as well. But yes, all the straight blades are the same controller, and every single plow uses the same truck side wiring.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Do the XP and VX's share the same controller?

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

They do not. I tried to do that originally, but the hydraulics are too different.

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Cool, no big deal really. I like the idea of being able to swap a blade and controller and being able to use a completely different plow (if I were to have a fleet).

10. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

I installed an EX on my 2012 Dodge. I'm wondering how tight the 4 bolts that bolt the rear support thru the frame need to be (where I had to drill the frame). I have tightend them pretty good, but dont want to crush the box frame. If I put a wrench on the nut and bolt its very tight, but if I only use one wrench I can still turn the bolt??

11. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

The Bolts is acting-working against the frontal PUSH load. Your bolt can spin, but the nylock would prevent it from backing out. Make sure you have turned it enough thread passing the plastic ring in the ny-lock. Do it a way that it won't Crush the frame. If the bolt is too short, get longer ones.

Thanks!

12. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats what I thought, long term no trouble I hope.

13. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

You're fine - there's just no need to tighten them down too much. Bolts through the side of the frame are just used in shear - not tension, so the torque/preload doesn't matter.