1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD Crew Cab ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by J&D, Dec 9, 2007.

1. J&D

J&D Member

I am almost at the point where I need another truck. I have heard that the 2500HD crew cab can't handle a heavy duty plow (8'+). I really like the look of the crew cab, short bed 2500HD. Do any of you guys have the HD plows on the CC? If so, have you had any problems? Any comment would be appreciated.

2. michdeere

michdeere Member

Just hung an 8'6'' MVP on my '08 2500 HD CC short box w/ the Duramax/Allison. Added Timbrens to the front end and the truck handles fine. My only complaint with this truck is the mileage, but I guess that's a different topic...

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

My 9'2" was mounted on my 04' and 06' gas CC's, now it's on my 06' diesel CC.

4-6 turns on the bars, timbrens and some ballast= happy plowing

4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Around where I'm from many use CC's with 8' blades or larger. Here's mine. Timbrens up front, and 6 turns on the t-bars.

TRKPLOW 014.jpg

5. J&D

J&D Member

Thanks for the responds guys. Nice CC Millsaps.

6. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Thats a real nice truck...

7. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Thanks guys, I try to keep her looking sharp since it's pretty much my home away from home, more or less my office on wheels.:eek:

8. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Plowing with the CC for a 1 year and its doing great. Hauling the kids, salt, shovels and plow at the same time. :) I'm running a small blade 7'6" Boss SD, I plow a lot of parking spots at the apartments. get the job done.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Your truck will be fine. I have two of them with 9' Hiniker Scoops on them. They only sag 1" when the plows in the air. I do have Timbrens but haven't installed yet.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Had a 9'2 Boss on my 02 since new. It has a Dmax and it's been a perfect truck.

11. PahlsLawnCare

PahlsLawnCare Junior Member

hey millsaps how much was the wheel and tire package on that?