1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD Clutch Parts

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jhenegh, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

I have a '99 F-150 with a 5 speed (4.6L) that is starting to leak brake fluid from the bellhousing. I am assuming this is the slave cylinder starting to go out. Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

If this is the case, what replacement parts do you recommend? I'm looking for something heavier-duty than stock, just makes sense to me to beef it up. The transmission has to be dropped out to replace the slave cylinder, so I'm going to do the whole clutch while it is right there. I'm at least looking at replacing:

-Slave Cylinder
    -Clutch assembly (Centerforce?)(mr. muddmotors)
    -MAYBE Master Cylinder? (Do you recommend replacing it too?)

Do you think this is a feasible DIY project for someone that has rebuilt an antique tractor engine?

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

little easy but you need double check measure clutch to flywheel or it be wear out fast.

I am sure you can do that but would be several days with break time.

for slave cylinder use Ford not aftermarket because they would leak in short time.

for more info wait for expert find this to answer your question.