1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hd 75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by PlowingMI, Dec 20, 2009.

1. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

Anyone have the HD 75, if so what is it on? any issues? I am hoping to have mine installed in the next day or so. Will post pics when done.

2. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

I have one on 2008 tundra and only issue as far is the plastic deflector up top shattered the second night out but now have a rubber one and should not have that issue again.Other than that i suggest when you pick yours up ,have installer show you how to take off and put back on with your help,it can be tricky for some. Goodluck

3. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

plow is installed. Now just to fix the electrical issues.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

what's the problem?

5. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

When brights are on and turn signals. The fuse blows.

6. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I have installed a HD75 on a 2001 GMC and am having an issue with the fuse blowing when my brights are on and us the turn signals.

7. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

PlowingMI try a 15 amp fuse in the controller wiring that truck has a little more draw on the fuse the wiring can handle it fine 99-2002 GM's have different wiring like the S10's

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

correct, 15 amp fuse should take care of it.

Merry Christmas!

9. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

Thanks, I will try that in the morning. I hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

10. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I am driving down the road today and it is snowing. I check my outside temp gauge in the rear view mirror and it says 63 degrees!!!! I know this is not true, the only change was the addition of the plow. Anyone have any thing like this happen to them? any fixes?

11. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

This is normal.It does it on my 02 Chevy and my Dodges before.Temp. sensor must be in the grill area and with plow on gives false readings. I've seen them read 100 before.Pay attention in the summer sitting in a parking lot running it will go sky high then too.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Correct- temp sensor is right in front behind the grill or in the bumper. With the plow raised its reading the warm air from the radiator and obviously giving false info.

13. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

Pic of the new dogg

as promised a pic of the new dogg

Sorry for the crap pic taken from my BB.

plow truck.jpg

14. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I just had an hd75 installed last night. I ran it for 12 hours today without any problems and it is much much nicer than my previous western. I also had problems with my headlights but managed to fix it.

15. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I am now having an intermittent head light problem....
    When I shut the truck off, the head lights on the truck come on and the only way to turn them off is to manually shut them off by using the dome light switch.
    This has happened twice. not a huge problem but something that is annoying.

Any ideas????