1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HD 4" leaf springs needed for my 87 Chevy3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevy/GMC, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

My 87 Chevy has a 4" superlift on it with a real bad driver side sag. It sags 1.75" lower on the driver side. I will be putting on a 7.5 Boss plow before next fall. The truck has a 6.2 Diesel in it now and a 454 will be going in next month. So I figure that will be the time to up grade the front end to handle the extra weight of the BB & plow. Where can I get a good strong set of 4" leafs springs that will be able to handle the job?

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

try your local spring shop...they can make it to order

3. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Ok I will give them a try,

Thanks!!!!

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

the big block should be lighter than the diesel.

5. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Really???? A 6.2 Diesel is lighter than a 7.4 454 ?

6. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Oh wait you said the 454 is lighter then the 6.2. I thought it was the other way around. But you are correct!!! From what I found the 454 weights around 650lbs and the 6.2 is over 700lbs. I would of never guess'd that???

7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Diesels have to be cast iron

8. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Isn't the 454 block cast iron ? I know the crank is steel it is very heavy !!! what makes a 6.2 so much more heavy than a BBC 7.4 ?