1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HB5 to H13 headlights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SuperDuty2006, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SuperDuty2006

SuperDuty2006 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Changed 1999 to 2006 F350..I have 8' western pro unimount system. The harness is for a 1999-2004 having hb5 headlight sockets. Can I change the headlight socket to an h13 male adapter for the new ford or do I have to buy complete harness system. THanks in advance..

2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Western did not offer a light harness for uni-mount systems with H13 bulbs.
    Therefore you would have to to switch plow and truck over to isolation module system.
    If you would like we can supply you with the part#'s to do the correct way.

3. SuperDuty2006

SuperDuty2006 Junior Member
    from Ontario

thanks for quick reply.. What are my options? part numbers 06 F350 crew cab 6.5 ft box 18 in tires 6.0 l diesel.. thanks

4. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If you use your existing short battery cable, motor solonoid, you will need:

29049 Light harness kit (H-13 light harness and light harness that plugs into port A and runs to the grill of the truck to plug into your light harness)

29070-1 Isolation module

28055 existing truckside wiring harness (contains new power cable-((differs from uni-mount)),control harness from cab-to motor solonoid-to module-to grill of truck and will plug into your plow control harness)

28053 existing plowside harness (contains new light harness, new control harness)

fyi ,the motor battery cable on the plow will connect to your new cable coming off truck. The difference is under the hood not were you connect the plugs at the grill.

We have them all in stock ready for shipment!