1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hazard lights dont work on occasion

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

hi guys, i have a 1996 chevy diesel 2500.

for some reason, ever since i put the plow on this truck, this year ( first year for truvk to plow )

Im noticing weird things,

the hazard lights dont always work, the drive indicator light onthe cluster flickers on and off, the other day i was plowing & the plow was burnung fuses like crazy ( for the fuse problem, i had a faulty wiring harness & it was only a month old )

any suggestions??

does anyone have diagrams of where all the grounds are on this type of truck ??

2. Dan B

Dan B Junior Member
    from toledo

On my 1997 the hazard on brake lamps are on the same fuse. Someone had put a blade style adapter into the fuse socket and spaced out the connection. It made the fuse loose in the fuse box. This would cause an intermittent failure of hazards and brake lamps.

I could not get the connectiont tight enough so I soldered a dot on each blade of the fuse to make it tight in the socket. I also did it to an extra fuse in case of a failure.

3. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

they still dont work

my hazard lights still dont come on.

merry christmas everyone