1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Haw in 2011 super duty

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pkenn, Nov 25, 2011.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

Ok, whats the deal?? Most people i talk to say dont put haw in your dront lights, they will fog up for sure no matter whst you do. Others say its not a problem. I much rather hsve them there instead of grille lights, but ill go nuts if they fog up, and man those lights cost a bundle!! Any thoughts, experiences?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

As long as you save the outter cut out on the headlights and re install it and silicone it back in/ properly seal it, it'll be fine.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I put strobes in I'm 1 1/2 years ago, no problems here

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

As long as you seal them properly, you won't have moisture issues. I should add that where you drill the holes to place the bulbs has a major impact on how bright they will be too. Do some searching and you'll find a thread on proper placement.

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i have a rubber adhesive backed roll of exterior sealant i use to seal the outer hole after i drill the inner one and put light in....it seals it perfectly.

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

haw in 2011 f250

Dissociative,

What size hole saw do you use on the outer shell? Where is it better to put the HAW, in the headlight or in the marker light? Is there any reason I can't hook the power supply and one turn on lead to the same upfitter switch so one switch would put power to the supply and activate at least one set of strobes? I'm thinking of mounting the supply as pictured in the attached photo, what do you think?

IMG_20120206_140836.jpg

7. 1olddogtwo

i would put behind the seat,

2011.jpg

8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Haw

I wasn't sure how much room was back there. How much of a pain is it to remove the back seat? I also was looking to have it against metal for heat dissipation! I don't like the idea of having it mounted to carpet.

9. 1olddogtwo

I cut the foot print out of the carpet and the sound shield. You would never know its there. underseat is bad, to many things to catch the wires

10. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Haw

Yeah, I don't want to cut carpet. When I can afford to I will upgrade to LED's. Where did you route your rear wires into the cab?

11. 1olddogtwo

the cables under the carpet thru a factory rubber plug, the power and trigger wire under the door sills

2010-08-04 15.57.32.jpg

2010-08-04 15.57.15.jpg

12. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Thanks for the responses! Are those the upfitter wires you connected to?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  13. 1olddogtwo

yes sir.....3 and 4. 3 runs the front and 4 runs the side and rear

14. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I believe if you look at the headlight sealer and watch the video the light demo shows that very same light. It's under the accessories page on our web site.

15. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Haw

Did you wire the hot to them as well as I described above? I plan to have one switch run the front and one run the rear. I was thinking of tying the main power into the same switch as the turn on lead for the rear as I will not operate the fronts without the rears being on. The switches are rated for high enough amperage!

It's hard to track your wires but it appears that you used the #1 switch for power?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  16. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Why not wire it under the driver or passanger seat? It's out of the way and easy to do. An HAW would be best in the headlight. drill a 1" hole and either seal it with Lexel or silicone.

17. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I did watch that video, what size hole saw are you using for the outer wall. I will be ordering cable and the sealer via your site soon!

18. BossPlow2010

You should have read the post above your reply to StrobesNmore!

19. 1olddogtwo

Boss have u drilled a double wall light ?

20. BossPlow2010

I appologize, I misread the post, I have not personaly but my best friend has and he was a few feet away from me when he did it. The inner wall should be 1" the otter wall should be enough room to where you can access the tube and put silicone around or do what ever.