1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HAW flashback into cab. Strobes Vs Leds

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mark13, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've never had haw strobes in any of my trucks, however I have ran 4 Whelen Vertex and was happy with them and they had very little flashback off things. I'm looking to put 6 clear strobe heads in my truck with a 90w power supply. Will the flashback from 4 clear strobes up front be to much?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have clears on my Chevy, and the flashback from just the two fronts off the blade was bad enough to keep me from using them much unless the blade was down. I can't speak to the flashback of LED HAW's, but I do really like the Vertex's and wouldn't mind getting a pair of them for my plow headgear.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The led's didn't flash back hardly at all in my old truck, I havn't put them in my hd yet to see if their any different. I just didn't want to spend the money on strobes and then barelly use them.

4. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Its not bad at all