1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having Truoble with Apron of Drive

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MkLoe, Jan 10, 2009.

1. MkLoe

MkLoe Junior Member

I have just started plowing this year and have a few customers but im having trouble with the aprons of the drive. The drives by me have curbs and arn't even with the street. How do you plow them so they look nice and there is no snow remaining on their apron?
  2. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

My neighbors drives are like that, uneven with the street and have a slight rise on both sides to even up with the sidewalk. I get out and use a shovel to scrape it up when I'm done. Or try pushing with the rise to the left and then push to the right. I found using the shovel quicker than backing and pushing a bunch of times. I don't leave it cause they're elderly and Ice forms quick, just what I do :D
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Shoveling or using a snowblower works good.
  4. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

The good ol shovel is the way to go.
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I drive into the curb or raised part of the driveway slowly until the plow catches, stop and slowly lift the plow until its free of the obstruction, go forward a bit and drop the plow back down. Either that or back drag the area.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's right.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thats how I do it too. I don't get out of the truck.
  8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Correct. No way am I getting out to shovel that little triangle.