1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having trouble getting a good price on liquid cal in Okla.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ropinghorns, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Need a supplier in Okla. that will beat 1$ gal. and will deliver. 1000 gal maybe? Any contacts? Thanks, Bill www.lantermantractor.com

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sorry cannot help buy your website is cool!

3. Ropinghorns

Thanks for the complement and the bump.

4. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

this may sound stupid, but if you know of anyone that has an oil well they also have chloride water that is drawn off that well. they may not sell you the chloride, but i know that oil person will knows someone who will and i will be for less than 50 cents no questions asked

5. Ropinghorns

Thanks Scoop, I will try that road today...

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i've herd that too,

sorry i cant help you yet bill i have been looking to help you with some in youre area.....but $1 pergal is 'bout right, for a LTL quantity

Rcik

7. Ropinghorns

Thanks Rick, I am glad you are back on the forum too. Should I ask for 32% and let them mix it?

8. powerjoke

if it's in liquid form it probably wont be stronger than 32% (11.3333lbs/gal) wich is absolutely perfect, b

i'm sure everyone has seen the chart,.....but i'll post it again :D lol

EDIT: i forgot to add, that if it is a little weaker it is not a big deal, but make sure you adjust youre price a little bit acordingly, make sure you get yorueself a hydrometer so you can make a acurate assumption of the chemical's temps when you applie.

pj

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  9. Ropinghorns

PJ, Will I need a scale to weigh it on also?

10. Ropinghorns

Ebay has this one, Item number: 370091512429 , does it look good?

11. powerjoke

it would work but you could only measure between ~~~~20-35% because of it's narrow window of measurement,

here's one that i found,
    it measures specific gravity from 1.0(water) to 1.28 (~30%) and it's only $16

http://veegee.thomasnet.com/viewite...-specific-gravity-freezing-points-hydrometers

i'll look at mine to see what it is.

i couldnt find a graph so i made one, it shold hold true with any chloride, including sodium and magnesium......hope it's acurate lol

i have it on my comp. so i can convert it over to weight by the gallon if you don't have a hydrometer

the equasion i used is y=0.009x+.992

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  12. Ropinghorns

I found .60 per gal. here locally. Is that good for liquid cal ?