1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having trouble finding a mount ot fit our western plow!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pavmntdestryr, Oct 31, 2010.

1. pavmntdestryr

pavmntdestryr Junior Member

We have been having a hard time trying to find a plow mount for our 86 chevy silverado. We have a mount from the old broke down 91 Ford. We where thinking about butchering this one up, the only thing being stress on the welds.Also, thinking about using angle iron and maybe I beams to build our own. the problem is there is too much around the frame, like leaf springs and shock absorbers. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a pre-fab, or has made their own? All imput is appreciated!

Thanks very much,
    Plowin' Bucks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i think i have that mount. let me check.

3. pavmntdestryr

pavmntdestryr Junior Member

Ok... what is p.m.? excuse me for being a dummy. If you have it would be will to make a trade off for the mount I have for the ford?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sorry. no luck on a unimount.