1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having trouble connecting spinner chain on new Henderson spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by merrimacmill, Dec 21, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Hey everyone, I just bought a brand new Henderson 8 ft 10.5 hp briggs V box spread. I'm installing it today (in a mad rush because of todays storm we're getting) and I am trying to connect the chain from the gear box to the spinner shaft gear. But it just just slightly to tight to allow me to connect the master link. Any ideas? The instructions give no insight to this. Only diagrams, in which I see no "chain tensioner" or anything of the sort. I only need to get a very very small amount of slack and it will beable to hook up.

Thanks for any help on this, snows getting closer as we speak and I have to get this thing going.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

if you stand behind the spreader and look at the chute aren't there slots cut where the spinner bolts go through to the pillow blocks? loosen the bolts to allow the chute to slide over closer to get the chain on then tension it back up
  3. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

If yours is like the buyers and air flos I've had you'll have to loosen the bolts holding the bearings to the chute on the spinner shaft. There should be some adjustment there. Worst case scenario loosen the bolts holding on the chute and you should get enough. If you are already at that point and still can't get it you might need to get a half or offset link from the hardware store and throw it in.
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thanks guys, the slotted holes were covered by the bolt heads so I could not see them. Now the thing is 100% installed, and wired but it does not work. Nothing at all works, like nothing has any power but there is power going to the controller and spreader. I'll have to start a separate thread on that though.