1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having problems finding a SnowPlow for a Rubicon

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JackZ8r, Nov 1, 2005.

1. JackZ8r

JackZ8r Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have been calling all around and it seems that the Jeep Rubicon is a tough fit. Any thoughts?
  2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Did they say whether it was because the Rubicon has a different front frame or did they say no plows in general for a Wrangler???
  3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

check sno-way
    i know they make them for smaller vehicles
  4. JackZ8r

JackZ8r Junior Member
    from Indiana

I talked to them. They make it for all Wrangler models....except Rubicon.
    Has anyone had good results with Blizzard?
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I know someone in our area that has a Rubicon and has a 6'6" Western sport utility uni-mount plow on it. It can be done. From the looks of his frame the standard mount for a wrangler should fit
  6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Western will fit. There is a dealer in Hackensack, NJ if you need any info.
  7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Go with the Blizzard. Light weight and good design features (aggressive blade angle, extended moldboard sections at each end, torque box construction, power assist mounting is easy). I love mine. The snow rolls off it great and throws it a pretty good distance. :bluebounc purplebou :redbounce
  8. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Blizzard doesn't have any online fitment software and Western's Quick match does NOT show the Rubicon only X an SE models for the Wrangler...

Anyone know for sure if the Rubicon has different frame rails or front frame hardware that makes it different than the other Wranglers????

I thought about getting a Rubicon but I'd have to do something about the mount; I 'd run a Unimount but they hang so damn low there goes any off roading. And they don't make an ultramount for them.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  9. sam973

sam973 Member

This is just a guess, but the problem might be the extra height. The Rubicon sits quite a bit higher than the other models so it might throw off the geometry of the mounts. If that’s the problem, its nothing a welding shop can't solve for you. It could be as simple as having the mounts fabbed up a couple inches lower than the other models.
  10. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

There is no difference at all between a Rubicon and a regular Wrangler that would effect the plow mount... The only difference between the 2 is the lower geared t-case and the D44 axles with lockers, which are externally identical to the D30/D44 axles in the stock Wranglers. They do sit up about 1" higher but this is due to the slightly higher spring rate of the springs and the 31" tires.
  11. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

I've seen push plates/mounts that are hairs away from pittman arms and Idler arms - Is it possible that going from the D30 to D44 front moved something from the steering gear that would cause interference for some mfrs plow mounting hardware???

That's just a thought - but If I recall the front GAWR for the Rubicon is absurdly underrated for the Rubi's drivetrain. Maybe the plow mfrs are calculating the axle weight with a plow and it's now over the GAWR so that's why they don't offer fitment for the Rubicon...

Just my .02 cents... maybe I'll Email Western or bring it up in the discussion...

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

A bud of mine has a 6'6" Uni-Mount on his Wrangler. I am 90% sure it will fit the Rubicon. His only complaint is how long it takes to get it aligned and installed. If the Rubicon is your daily ride, you will not want that blade hanging out front all winter. This should be considered if you get alot of frequent snow.