1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Having problem with unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 97quadcabdually, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 97quadcabdually

97quadcabdually Junior Member

i have a 97 ford f350... i can not find a bracket that mounts under the truck or the truck side wiring harness for the life of me... if anyone has any info please help me, im beggin u guys!:cry::help:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Have you tried your local dealer?? Or contacting Western. I wouldn't think those pieces are very rare. Possible ebay??? just some ideas.. I deal with dan at quality truck equipment. 4qte.com Good guys!!!

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Where in MI are you, have guys on both sides of the state that usually have something laying around?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unimount parts are getting harder to find. they are available in pieces, but pricey. want me to look around? just a word of warning, that mount is a pain in the rear.

ask 935 crashes and counting.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i got what you need. here's an ad i posted in the classfieds here. shipping cost may sour the deal - i don't know, i havent priced shipping costs.

i'd like to sell it all at once as the set is 100% complete, but that hasn't happened yet. i'm listing it on ebay this weekend and if it doesn't go, i'll then start slpitting things up. let me know.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84475

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have one but I think it's sold. Send me a pm and I will let you know.

7. 97quadcabdually

on the east side of the state... east china twp... st clair county. 26 mile road and I94 area. ive looked everywhere and no luck. brackets are outdated and dealers only carry the ultramount conversion. wiring harness are cheaper brand new then what these dummies out here want for them... i figured this would be easy... i thought wrong

8. 97quadcabdually

you miss read the post.... i only want the truckside wiring harness, bracket and controler. the plow is complete... truckside is empty

9. 97quadcabdually

well i got the plow so i mind as well get everything else... let me know what u find

10. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I think I have one for sale are you interested? Send me a PM.

11. Crash935

And theres my east side connection, so check with him.

12. 97quadcabdually

UPDATE... its a 86 not a 97... screwed up guys

13. Crash935

That makes a big differance.

14. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the bracket for the 86 also.

15. 97quadcabdually

Im at work using my cell phone internet.... not as many options as at home. if u read this before i get home and pm u, give me a call at (586)879-4513. my name is jake

16. 97quadcabdually

92-97 ford uni-mount bracket and truckside wiring harnesses needed... and im not gonna pay more for ur used stuff than i would for the dealers brand new! LOL

17. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Call a western dealer and ask them what a new one costs and let me know,thanks.

18. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

you are gonna find the Uni-mount stuff brings a healthy price, even when used.

19. Crash935

Good luck finding a dealer that has it brand new, no longer available as a complete mount and hasnt been for a few years. You can order the parts seperately but i dont think you will like that price.

20. 97quadcabdually

ultra-mount/uni-mount truckside mount conversion kit - $700 dealer quote
    all truckside wiring for unimount - $145 dealer quote

GRAND TOTAL - $845 and maybe $5 in fuel to pick it up so $850...

now why would i pay anything close to that for some used brackets that someone isnt using and is just collecting dust in their garage? when i posted this i wasnt expecting to be gouged... i figured someone had it just sittin around and could use a few bucks... not sell it to make a morgage payment! i still want the bracket and wiring but i refuse to pay more than around 400ish for all of it or i will just go dealer direct and buy brand new. so the ball is in your field... sell it at a fair "USED" price, or sit on it. i could build it cheaper, i just dont have the time.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009