1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have you tried Fluid Film on your guns?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Dano50, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I am looking for some testimonials regarding Fluid Film's use on guns. If you've used it and are impressed with the results, let us know what you think. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot (no pun intended) and give us some feedback.

Thanks! :D

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Dano, I am not sure if I can actually get close enough to the can to shoot it and get any product on the gun at the same time. I will try it, but since there is no disclaimer on this thread yet, I assume you are telling us this is an authorized application of Fluid Film. Wait for it everyone.......................... I can feel a disclaimer comming, lol.
    I actually used it when I sat down last weekend and started cleaning my collection. After I cleaned them, I sprayed them down, and took a diaper cloth and wiped them off. Of course I don't have any results right now since it's only been a week, but I will let you know how they turn out after a while.

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I had to tear apart my Taurus last fall & when it went back together I sprayed FF on a rag & wiped evrything down real good, so far it still looks like new & that is after going from the plow truck to the salt truck about 30 times this year. I have been very impressed with how it is holding up. I also sprayed my V-plows with it this past fall & when I washed them last week they still had a good amount of residue on them.:salute:

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

FF works great on my guns. My dad has been using it for a while now and I picked up on it. We use FF inside and out, and on all the moving parts. We also use them on the safes and the carrying cases ( on the hinges) too.
    For the most part i spray the out side and let it run down the barrel, then i wipe it in. It really doesn't leave a oily residue which i like. I doesn't dry up, I just think it leaves the guns a little less oily then the other gun oils. I also use a cleaner to clean the inside of the guns with a metal pole with a swab on it. Then i run a swab down the barrel with FF. I fired my shotgun in November, I cleaned it with FF. I pulled my shotgun out last week. I put some FF on the end of the swab and ran it down the barrel. No dirt or rust came out. Nice and clean.
    I would definitely recommend FF to anyone cleaning guns. :salute:

5. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

wow, great testimonials, guys. keep it coming....:salute:

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a .22 rifle that kepr jamming. Would only fire 1 or 2 shots and then jam with the empty casings. Cleaned it good and sprayed it with FF and now it will empty a full magazine as fast as I can pull the trigger. (I posted thisahwile back too)

7. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Before when I shot my B.B gun, the B.B would just roll out of the barrel and fall on the floor. I used FF in the barrel and now it blows a 2 inch hole in a cinder block from a hundred yards with one pump. I haven't tried to pump it up more than once yet, I'm kind of scared:gunsfiring::jester:

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

well, i am a little different than all of you....

before I go on stage or to the gym i like to FF down my biceps aka "guns" for all the ladies...seems to work in the phone number department...

as soon as they get a look at my massive glistening flesh guns they come a running...

so...yeah...it works

now don't be jealous about the guns guys....FF has raised my biceps from a 22 to 45..but it may be just swelling..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  9. Dissociative

i also filled the barrel of a civil war cannon with the stuff.....man did that add to the power of the cannon...must have been something proprietary in the can..launched that bowling ball 85 yards...

10. Dissociative

i am going over to my friends restaurant and we are gonna try some on all the fountain drink guns....i hope we have good results

11. Dissociative

i also plan to give this stuff a shot on my stun gun.....think it will help?

it doesn't do much on the potato gun....i was upset

12. Dissociative

i did like the effects it has on all my caulk guns though........smooth operator

13. Dissociative

ok, i'm done for now...............my brain hurts

14. joyofFluidFilm

hey dissociative, you have alot to say..whats up with all the posts??? owell, good job!!!

15. hydro_37

from iowa

He's bored plus he forgot to sniff his FF this morning.
    BTW Joy....thanks for the shirt.... :salute:

16. Dissociative

i just like to make Dano write disclaimers.....they are entertaining..

17. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

(i also plan to give this stuff a shot on my stun gun.....think it will help?)
    I'm sure if you add FF to your stun gun, you should have it activated first. Maybe pointed at your cat when you do it. That should be fun for a second or two.

18. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

This probably goes without saying, but just make sure you wipe the barrel out before firing. The last thing you need is to blow up your firearm right in your face. Not because of flammability, but the hydraulic pressure. Just like oil, you never want to much oil in the barrel.

19. joyofFluidFilm

Hope you like the shirt...now, if you post a picture of yourself wearing the shirt, i'll throw in a hat...what do you think?:jester:

20. hydro_37

from iowa

Joy....you must be thinking about a "hot landscapers" picture arent you?
    Besides why would you want to see a short, fat and bald guy anyway?....:jester: