1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

have you heard of this plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by johnson26, Mar 17, 2011.

1. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

im just gettn started plowing and found a plow for pretty reasonable price....he said it was a northern plow.....has anyone ever heard of this plow.... i tried researchn it and couldnt find anything....if you have heard of it is it a good plow to get started with... thanks for all your advice

2. asphalter1

asphalter1 Junior Member
    from 08527

He might have got it from Northern Tool, I know they sell a 84" Snow Bear plow set up.. Check the web site... Northern tool .com

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I think they are blue plows. Im not to sure.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

sure it wasn't northman !

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

better stay away from it....

6. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I have seen a few of them in the past, although none recently. They were a full size plow and they were painted blue. I don't know much more than that about them. I don't know if the company went out of biz or what.

7. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

thanks for the replies....i havnt taken a look at the plow im going to look at it this weekend.....he gunna sell the whole unit plow side and truck side to me for 200 bucks.....was just wandering if this plow exsited but there prob outta business....but im thinkin for 200 bucks it would be something to get me started.....

8. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

full size plow would that be a 7'6 or what size is considered full

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i saw a northman for sale once. the blade looks a lot like a western and it was a monarch pump.

10. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

maybe it is a northman and i just misunderstood what he said....but in that case is a northman plow good......

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

12. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Northman is out of business as the others have said. However, their largest dealer purchased up all the parts when they went under. It would be worth the phone call to see if they can still supply parts for it, if so might be a good investment. Dealer is:

Lampert Hitch
    Denver, CO
    (800) 235-7569
    www.lamperthitch.com

If this doesn't work out, I have some connections for Boss Plows: rolleyes:

13. davison4seasons

davison4seasons Junior Member

Remember......
    do you want to be out plowing and something breaks in the middle of a storm and you cant get parts?

14. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

thats true......how do you know what the truck side mount will fit by looking at it.....sry bout all the questions but im gettn into the plow business.....

15. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Find out what it came off of, call Lampert Hitch and tell them what you have and what you are putting it on. They will be able to tell you what you'll need.

16. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:if its a northman... they are like a western conventional... i been running 2 western conventional pro plow on meyers ez mount set up for years i just cut off ears welded angel iron on and new ears works great love meyer e 60 pump and slick stick control and new nightsaber 2 lights my older meyers plows dont compare to the old western plows... best part about it is they dont eat nothing and their payed for i would buy it in a minute for 200 bucks... then buy : meyer pump meyer slick stick and western or meyer older mount some welding and you in their :drinkup:

17. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if it is a northman, run away from it. the company went out of business, and parts are impossible to find when needed. you can not even buy a cutting edge for them anymore, unless you can find one on-line. the northman is close to a western conventional, but just different enough that the cutting edge will not interchange.
    he is trying to sell it to you for $200 because he knows it is not worth anything except to someone that needs it for parts to repair the northman plow they have.

i had a guy trying to give me 2 last September. i told him i would take them to the scrap yard for him if he gave me $20 to cover the cost of the diesel fuel i was going to burn getting rid of them.

18. johnson26

johnson26 Junior Member
    from indiana

thats funny....i kinda figured that and once i found out they were no longer in business thats what i figured.....im not in any kind of hurry i gor plenty of time to keep lookn...........what kinda plow setup like size and etc.. would you recommend for a 96 gmc 1500