1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have you guys ever used an ATV for plowing snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

I have a yamaha grizz 600 with a 60in blade on it and it does a great job I was really surprised I would run circles around guys with the trucks they would just stop and watch!!!!!!!
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Iwill stay in my warm truck.
  3. eggy

eggy Member

Hmm guy I know said he sat and spun the wheels was about all he did with a ATV......You must have a good set up.
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

the company i have been plowing with uses them for sidewalks
  5. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I started out working with a ATV. I didnt have the money for a plow, and the guy I worked for didnt have a spare truck. I wanted to work so he asked if I had a tow hitch and a 2" ball. So he gave me his trailer and the ATV and I did sidewalks for all his accounts. I bought good Carhartt coveralls, warm jacket, insulated boots, electric gloves(wired to battery) and helmet to keep snow off me and it kept me warm.