1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever seen this?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rcgm, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I go to a local steakhouse tonight to eat dinner with my wife.I bid this property for the general manager a month a go.After estimating me this guy avoids me like the plague.If I get up to go to the bathroom and he sees me coming his way he runs to the back.I could care less if he don't want me to do the job.But we had a little ice the other night and this idiot goes and buys water softener chunks and puts them on the sidewalk.Have any of you seen this before?How bad you think that is for the sidewalks?

RCGM
    Brad

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Considering that it is just salt... not bad at all... Not very effective if it is the pellets, but it will work..

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

when we couldnt find bagged salt we would use solar salt the grains are similar to bagged salt in size and salt is salt

john

4. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

We had to use those big white chunks back in the day. We didn't have our loader at the shop and we went to a 24 hr home depot and that was all they had. They came out of the salter like torpedos.

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Brad,

As you exit his establishment after paying for that big steak dinner and having him go the other way when he see's you, slip and fall on his salt pellets! :eek:

He will come out to see what all the comotion is and why there is an ambulance in front of his steakhouse and see you lying there on the ground...

Steak Dinner...................$50.00
    Torn pair of blue jeans......$29.00
    Seeing the expression on his face when he see's you lying on the ground......PRICELESS!

6. Mr frosty

Mr frosty Member
    from canada

not funny but how else will lowballers survive? :angry: :gunsfiring: